Recently, the mainstream media has begun to devote considerable attention to polyamory, the practice of engaging in multiple, simultaneous intimate relationships. While that attention is pleasing to many current polyamorists, it overlooks a number of equally important, related forms of relationships. Included among these are:
- Follyamory, when you think you’re in love with someone but it’s just because they do that one thing you like really well.
- Jollyamory, which is widespread, because who doesn’t like Santa Claus?
- Gollyamory, practiced by devotees of Jim Nabors.
- Wallyamory, the love of Tony Dow.
- Mammaryamory, or “I like boobies.” Also known as Dollyamory among Parton fans.
- Camryamory, described by Toyota owners as “Oh, what a feeling!”
- and Cleveland Amory, a rare form found among people who root for the Browns.
(Collieamory is, of course, illegal almost everywhere.)